Actions and Detail Panel
Cooking and Butchery: Meat and Poultry
Sat 18 March 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
Meat and poultry – cooking and butchery
On this intensive butchery and cooking course, we address how best to select and cook a vast range of meat and poultry that is now available throughout the British Isles. The meat that we use in B&H Kitchen is all from ethically sourced and sustainable farmers. We will talk you through the different cuts of meat and which cooking methods are most appropriate.
On the course you will learn:
- Boning out, jointing and cooking poultry
- How to make basic tasty stocks from meat bones
- Boning out and tying a large joint of meat ready for roasting
- Preparing meats such as oxtail, pork and lamb ready for braising
- Preparing and chopping meat ready for kebabs and koftas
All full day courses begin with an introduction by our professional chef tutors who have between them decades of experience within the industry, as well as a complimentary light breakfast of freshly baked pastries, tea and coffee.
Halfway through the day you are invited to sit down for a welcome break and enjoy a complimentary lunch with refreshments while you chat with your fellow classmates.
Tickets are priced at £125 and include a complimentary light breakfast and lunch.
Please note that tickets are not refundable.