Learn how to write commercial copy that's engaging and searchable at this in-depth weekend course.
We don’t normally condone the hard sell – but we can teach you how to make your readers an offer they can’t refuse. Whether you want to improve the quality of marketing or campaigning materials, or give your website a more professional edge, this in-depth copywriting course will make a real difference to your commercial writing skills.
In the space of two days, copywriter and journalist Eddy Lawrence will teach you how to write persuasive copy for all purposes. You’ll learn how to target specific audiences in language they’ll relate to, and how to make a compelling story out of seemingly dry data. In addition, you’ll learn what SEO can (and can’t) do for you, as well as how to make your online copy easier for people to find. Don’t miss out on this fantastic masterclass – book your place now and learn how to write commercial copy that’s engaging and gets real results for your brand.
- Writing good copy for all purposes – from websites to product descriptions, press releases and newsletters
- The key differences between print and online copy
- How to read your audience, and tailor your content to them
- Finding stories in data, or relating your copy to existing news hooks
- The essential components of copy – headlines, standfirsts, subheads, captions, furniture
- Tone and language – how to establish a readable, memorable styleHow to make your copy searchable and findable through judicious keywording
- The benefits of SEO (search engine optimisation)
- Creating content to represent different brands
- Practical exercises with opportunity for feedback on work carried out during the class
Eddy Lawrence is a copywriter with over 20 years of writing and editing experience. He has written for and edited publications including The Face, Melody Maker and Jack, and even some that are still going, such as Time Out, NME, Shortlist and the Guardian.
Save This Event
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.