Copywriting for the Web.
Copywriting for the web - a one-day workshop
September the 23rd
Discover the fundamental principles of copywriting for the web in this hands-on workshop. Throughout the day we will be doing practical tasks and creative exercises to help you construct healthy web copy for your business.
Healthy web copy is 70% about carefully structuring text and 30% inspiration. This workshop shows you how to structure your message carefully and keep your audience's attention.
What do you get?
Throughout the day you will get re-usable tools, rules and checklists for you to take away and apply again and again. You will also get experience of writing for the web using scenarios that are relevant to your business, with individual feedback.
Who is it for?
This workshop is ideal for:
- Digital practitioners who want to be able to deal with their client's content and copy issues
- Designers who need to order and select text to fit into their designs
- One-man bands, entrepreneurs and start-ups who go it alone to save budget on copywriters
- Small businesses owners and employees who need someone to take care of their content
What you'll learn
By the end of the day you'll have:
- A checklist for making sure that your copywriting is well structured and interesting to read
- A blueprint tool to help you develop your business messages and page structure
- A stronger sense of the tone of voice right for your brand
- A sense of how to develop a strategy for your content
- An ability to recognise the common errors
- A sense of the details such as what to label links and buttons
What you'll need
A subject, blog post or piece of web copy that you'd like to work on as an example. This might even be your business 'about' page.
For the practical exercises you may want to use a laptop or iPad.
Ellen de Vries runs the Brighton-based company The Copy House, a team of 6 copywriters and content strategists. She's been working with the Brighton and London digital communities since 2005 as a trainer, copywriter and brand consultant.
If you have any questions about this workshop. Or if you'd prefer your own bespoke in-house session, then please get in touch with email@example.com
You can also get tickets directly from Eventbrite