Bookings will not be accepted unless accompanied by payment and cancellations must be received no later than one month (28 days) before the course if a full refund is to be given. Cancellations received within 2 to 4 weeks of the first date of course will be refunded 50%. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 14 days.
Good copywriting has never been more important. New media depend on the written word, from emails to facebook. Organisations are investing heavily in tone of voice guidelines to strengthen their brand. And traditional media such as direct mail and press continue to benefit from powerful, persuasive writing. This workshop gives writers fresh insights and helps them add value to their clients and agencies
About the trainer
Richard Spencer was a senior writer at JWT, TBWA, Y&R and a number of boutique agencies with very silly names. He won awards for copywriting and creativity that include D&AD, Cannes, One Show, British Television and Creative Circle. He now runs his own writing agency, A Thousand Monkeys, making words work harder for BT, Mercedes and the Arts University Bournemouth. He has also run tone of voice workshops for businesses such as ITV, Time Warner and O2.
The workshop is ideal for:
- Agency copywriters who want to improve their skills (and job prospects).
- Marketing teams who create their own writing or who want to get the best from their agency.
As well as lunch, tea, coffee, and biscuits, the workshop includes the following topics:
The psychology of persuasion
- What are readers looking for when they read?
- What results are you writing for?
- How writers can add value to the brief.
- Why AIDA is consigned to history.
How to create perfection from chaos
- Understanding the power of disruption.
- What makes a powerful message (and how to challenge the brief).
- How to organise material quickly to meet rush deadlines.
The language of brand
- Why tone of voice is good for brands
- Why everyone is a writer and how to help them
- How to create brand language?
The science (and art) of style
- Writing by numbers – hard data on good writing.
- Analogue or digital. The differences and similarities.
- The rules (and how to break them).
How to be more popular at work
- How to measure improvement for client.
- How to give constructive criticism.
- How to raise the importance of writing.
When & Where
A Thousand Monkeys
We're writing specialists. We help brands get better value from the words they use.
As well as running writing workshops, we write compelling copy for every conceivable media.
We've won awards for copywriting, but we prefer to measure success in happy clients.
We'd like to include you in their number.