Actions and Detail Panel
CORE Module: A Fresh Approach to Understanding Young People who Hear Voices
Mon 31 October 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
About this workshop
Q. At least 8% of young people hear voices that other people don’t. If one of them came to you, tomorrow, and wanted to talk about it - would you know what to say or do?
Q. Would you like to understand more about what it’s like to hear voices or see visions, hearing from people who have both personal and professional experiences to share?
Q. Would you like to learn some essential coping strategies that young people can use to deal with distressing experiences?
This half day workshop presents a fresh approach to voice-hearing. Founded in lived experience and the work of the Voice Collective project, it includes:
- What it feels like to hear voices as a young person
- The impact this can have on a young person’s home, school and social life
- An introduction to the Hearing Voices Network approach to voice-hearing
- Ways to open up conversations about voices, helping young people feel heard
- Simple youth-friendly coping strategies
- Positive stories of recovery and resilience
This workshop is suitable for:
Anyone working with, or supporting, children or young people in Greater London, including: parents, youth workers, counsellors, CAMHS, EIP, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, OTs, support workers, GPs, substance mis-use workers, YOTs, helpline staff, teachers, mentors & more.
Please note: This CORE Module is a prerequisite for attending further Voice Collective training. If you have already completed a Voice Collective course, you do not need attend this course as you will have covered the material already.
Important Information (Please read before booking)
- This course open to people who support and/or work with children and young people (in a variety of settings, including the home). If you do not currently support or work with children and young people, we may not be able to accept your booking. Please contact us to find out if we have any spare waiting list places available.
- As our courses are often oversubscribed, please book your place only if you are confident you are able to attend for the full three hours of the course.
- Please answer all questions on the booking form as we use these to ensure that attendees are in our target group. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure we have all the information necessary to make this decision. If you apply, but do not appear to work with/support children/young people or do not give us the information we need, we reserve the right to cancel your place. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision. The project's team decision is final.
- Certificates of attendance will be given out on completion of the workshop.
- Whilst this course is FREE to attendees, we reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee for non-attendance on this course, unless we receive a cancellation in writing (via email) at least three working days prior to the event. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place as early as possible. This enables us to offer spare places to people on our waiting list, and decreases the likelihood of places going to waste.