Actions and Detail Panel
Coronation Street Locations Tour by Tram
Thu 8 June 2017, 11:00 – 16:00 BST
Come and reminisce about Coronation Street’s most famous storylines at the exotic locations where they were filmed on this remarkable tour. We will be taking the tram (not the one that fell off the viaduct onto the Street) to visit:
* Richard Hillman’s watery grave where he tried to bump off the entire Platt family (sadly he failed).
* Weatherfield Register Office where wedding after wedding was filmed and where you just know wedding after wedding is going to hit a major hitch.
* Corrie’s birthplace in Manchester city centre.
* Granadaland (before it gets flattened).
* Cropper Corner where the redoubtable Roy fought for his life.
* The site of the original Rovers Return.
We will even make the journey to the new studios, set in Weatherfield Quays, even if they won’t let anyone in. We finish off with a much-needed hot pot and pint at Fizz’s restaurant, right next to the churcvh where Betty Turpin’s funeral was held.
* Meet Ashton-under-Lyne Metrolink stop, 11am.