Actions and Detail Panel
Corporate law workshop: Directors Duties
Mon 3 April 2017, 18:00 – 20:00 BST
Have you recently become your company's director, or thinking of doing so?
This legal workshop will provide information, support and guidance on the roles and responsibilities of Directors. In recent years the responsibilities of Directors have become increasing complex and competing priorities and interests have impacted on the role.
You will cover some of the following:
1. Overview of key facts regarding the Company Director
Roles and responsibilities of a Director - Key Facts
- Powers of Directors
- Liabilities of Directors
- Types of Directors
2. Legislation - including disqualification, insolvency, fraudulent trading, health & safety and corporate manslaughter
3. Relationships with other stakeholders, including - other Directors, shareholders and (if appointed) company secretary
4. Appointment and termination of Directors
5. Review key legislation and its implications for both individual Directors and corporate liability
The Evening's Agenda:
6 PM Registration / Networking
6.30 PM Start of the presenation
7.15 PM Q&A
7.30 PM Refreshment and Networking
Bring your business cards!
This presentation will be given by our Postgraduate students at Queen Mary University of London who are taking part in the qLegal Law Clinic.