Actions and Detail Panel
COT Roadshow: Championing Occupational Therapy
Sat 13 May 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 BST
COT Roadshow - Eastern Region
COT Roadshows are annual events hosted by COT regions for all occupational therapists, occupational therapy staff and occupational therapy students.
This session is designed to ensure occupational therapy staff feel confident and equipped to engage with the Occupational Therapy Improving Lives , Saving Money Campaign and to sign post our members to available COT resources to evidence the value of their service.
The roadshow will cover the key recommendations from the COT report Reducing the Pressure on Hospitals – the Value of Occupational Therapy and next steps for the campaign. Members will be asked to identify who they need to talk to and discuss ways of influencing locally, messages they can tailor locally and outcomes they want to achieve.
In the session we will explore how to:
- Write a patient story
- Contact and liaise with local media
- Measure and evidence the effectiveness of services
- Promote the value of occupational therapy to managers and commissioners and service users.
By the close of the roadshow participants will:
- Have knowledge of COT resources to evidence the value of their services
- Be able to use the COT campaign materials for local influencing with the commissioners, managers and service users
- Understand how to contact and work with local media
We are also holding a competition to win a free ticket to the annual COT conference at the NEC. To enter you need to write 100 words on 'How you champion occupational therapy'. Either email your words to COT.Eastern@cot.co.uk or hand them at the start of the day. We will choose a winner at the end of the day. Good luck.
Booking closes on 7th May 2017. Places will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. Parking is available. Light lunch will be provided on the day.