San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
'Could 16-Year-Olds in Scotland Decide the Future of the UK?'
6:45pm, Tuesday 11th June
N.B. ROOM CHANGE: This event will now be taking place in the Grimmond Room, 1st Floor, Portcullis House
This year's Democracy Forum will explore the possible impact of expanding the voting franchise to 16-year-olds in advance of the Scottish referendum on independence.
- Chair: Michael Raftery - Director of Learning, Hansard Society
- Susana Giner - Director, Youth Media Agency
- Peter Kellner - President, YouGov
- Matteo Bergamini - Executive Director and Founder, Shout Out UK
- Alan Trench - University of Edinburgh and Constitution Unit, UCL
- Prof John Curtice - University of Strathclyde and President of the British Polling Council
When & Where
Founded in 1944, the Hansard Society is a charity working in the UK and around the world to promote democracy and strengthen parliaments. An independent, non-partisan political research and education Society, our work is rooted in the belief that the health of representative democracy rests on the foundation of a strong Parliament and an informed and engaged citizenry.