Actions and Detail Panel
Wed 26 April 2017, 18:30 – 20:30 BST
Courageous Conversations: The courage to have pro-active conversations that lead to real progress
This workshop equips participants with tools and techniques to enable them to:
- Engage in more productive conversations which lead to progress, not arguments.
Respond quickly to a challenging discussion in a confident and respectful manner.
Diagnose the real issues behind a challenging conversation to target their energy in the right direction.
Craft better responses that target the person with whom you are speaking to, allowing them to hear you more effectively.
The Courageous Conversation training programs that are proven to motivate employees, improve team engagement and encourage productive conversations. By training leaders to communicate respectfully but courageously leads to happier teams which in turn leads to increased productivity & a healthy bottom line.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have learnt how to quickly diagnose an issue using strategies to prepare them for the next step of the process. Ideally we will be using real issues or conflicts that have occurred in their business.
- Acquire techniques to help ‘re-set the mind’ before engaging in a Courageous Conversation so that they proceed with an open mind that is receptive to new ideas.
- Having understood the ‘Personal Response’ technique, the participant will practice responding to difficult conversations using role play and exercises.
- Have basic training in Speaking Rights essential communication skills
The DARE Model is a melange of techniques put together in a user friendly way that can be used immediately after leaving the session. The 4 steps include behavioural models, Neuroscientific studies, Diagnostic models, and others in a unique structure
Your Trainer: Janet Tarasofsky
Janet is an award winning speaker determined to help people communicate in a new generation. Through exploring diversity, she ‘DARES’ the audience to have productive and courageous conversations that lead to results, not arguments. Janet also leads training courses that help businesses travel more comfortable between the blurred lines of communication. She is well known for increasing employee retention, and improving both internal and external working relationships. Janet has 20 years' experience in the consumer goods industry developing and marketing products around the globe. She has worked for small and large size businesses and created over 500 products in her career, which can only be done with effective communication. She regularly speaks directly to large and small corporate clients, coaches many instore trainers in the beauty industry and offers Keynote Speeches won the need for Courageous Conversation.