Actions and Detail Panel
CQI Avon Branch event - The power of video within business
Wed 10 May 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 BST
The rising popularity of video content online is not just about cute kittens playing the keyboard or YouTubers reviewing the latest must-have products, it’s also about getting your company’s message out there. You might think that videos are exclusively used by big advertisers, but they can be a really powerful tool for all companies both externally and internally. So why as quality professionals should we consider video?
Videos are engaging, easy to digest and get your message across quickly. Video tutorials are also instantly available any where in the world or on multiple devices; for example it may be arrange inductions for new staff. With the latest technology you can even give a tour of your premises to staff or customers!
As a Quality Consultant you might value video as a way of bringing customer testimonials to life, or as a face-to-face introductions before you even meet a prospective client. There are so many applications by the end of 2017 video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic, and businesses avoid it at their peril. Check out the figures:
- More than half of companies in the UK are already using video
- Video-on-demand traffic will have almost trebled from 2016 to 2017
- 1/3 of people in the UK view at least one video online every week
- 70% of people think more positively about a brand after watching one of their videos
- Users will spend longer on your website and more time interacting with your brand if you have video content
So, what can you do?
In this interactive workshop from Skylark Media’s Jo Haywood you’ll find out how…
- video content, when used correctly, can be the best communication tool you can use.
- Your videos can satisfy people’s information needs in a short space of time,
- to keep your video on brand whilst telling a story
- to use testimonials to get your customers to sell your company for you with word of mouth.
- To get your video found and shared across multiple channels – remember it must be easy for your audience to find and share your video!
Then you’ll have time to create your own story-board for your company video with advice from Jo about how to maximise its effectiveness to give you the best ROI.
Speaker: Jo Haywood of Skylark Media.
Bio: Jo runs Skylark Media, an award-winning corporate video production company based at Aardman animations in Bristol.
Prior to setting up Skylark in 2005, Jo was senior content producer of the BBC Lifestyle websites in Bristol, responsible for the instigation of bbc.co.uk/homes, /gardening and /antiques. Before that she directed science documentary programmes for BBC, Channel 4 and Discovery Channel including 'Stephen Hawking's Universe' in 1997. One of her most inspiring jobs was the 5 years on The Sunday Times' Business Videos series; travelling across the UK to interview entrepreneurs about how they had found success.
Skylark Media is a full service video production agency producing TV commercials and corporate communications as interviews, motion graphics and animations for the likes of BP, the Institution of Chemical Engineers and Oasis Dental Care. Where possible we work with engineering and manufacturing companies particularly those in the sustainability and environmental sector.