Actions and Detail Panel
Craft NI Export Training Session 1 @ Mossley Mill
Wed 19 October 2016, 09:30 – 13:00 BST
Funded by Invest NI, Craft NI invites NI based designer-makers thinking of travelling to trade shows to attend FREE export training on the 19th of October & 10th of November 2016 (9.30am-1pm) at Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey. The training will be delivered by Des Mulholland.
While this opportunity brings top quality NI designer-makers to new and international markets, it also allows them to take their business trading skills to the next level – and Craft NI invites all NI-based designer-makers to join them for two export training events delivered by Des Mulholland (The Retail Consultant), which forms part of this initiative.
Export Training – Session 1
Venue: The Spinning Room, The Mill, Mossely Mill, Lakeview Cres, Newtownabbey BT36 5QA
When: Wednesday 19th October 2016, 9.30am – 1pm
Provider: Des Mulholland, The Retail Consultant
Topics to be covered:
1. Planning Requirements for attending a Trade Show
2. Marketing and Business Plan development, including essential documentation
- What are the essential planning requirements for Trade Shows?
- It is not just on “the day”, how to develop pre-show marketing, including use of social media
- The idea of keeping it simple
Marketing and Business Plan Development
- Market research required for the show
- Potential Target Customers
- Assessment of the competitors attending the show
- How will the maker promote / market themselves for the show, what marketing materials will be required, etc
- What product ranges should be displayed at the event
- The essential documentation pack for all exhibitors, price lists, and product lists, etc