Actions and Detail Panel
Creating a Balanced Reader and Writer with Stephen Graham
Tue 6 June 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Come along for expert advice and training on how to improve your teaching in reading and writing from Stephen Graham
The session will include advice on:
- How to incorporate phonics when teaching reading
- Strategies for improving fluency, phrasing and comprehension across a range of text types
- How to develop pupils’ writing by building on reading skills
- Supporting guided and independent reading and writing
ABOUT STEPHEN GRAHAM:
Stephen Graham M.Ed., B.Ed., Dip.Tea. is a Literacy Consultant who has presented at major national and International conferences. He is an educator with a wealth of teaching experience. He is a truly inspirational presenter who is passionate about educating children. Stephen lives in the real world and knows the issues confronting educators.
Stephen's experience and qualifications include:
- Master's Degree in Children's Literacy
- Presenter at major national and international conferences
- Deputy Principal / Principal Role
- Literacy Consultant for the NSW Department of Education and Training
- Reading Recovery teacher
- K–6 classroom teacher (including School of the Air, a large suburban school, small rural schools)
- Special interest in literacy acquisition, Aboriginal literacy, boys and literacy, middle years education.
- M.Ed., B.Ed., Dip.Tea.