San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Creating a Business Website in WordPress
A website is a key element for any business in this digital age. A great website can do wonders for your business or organisation, and there are many resources available for you to use to achieve this.
Please note: While we recommend that you register for both sessions you may book on to the morning or afternoon sessions separately.
Morning Session (10.00am to 12.30pm):
- What is a website and the key things you need (hosting, domain name)
- What makes a good website
- Templates vs. bespoke designs
- What you need to do to prepare for a new website
- Identifying your target audience and demographic
- Planning and creating a site map
Afternoon Session (1.30pm to 4.00pm):
- Discussion about design and templates
- Logging in to website and picking template
- Creation of sitemap into actual pages and basic structural setup – use of dummy content to fill pages
Please note: To be eligible to attend these free workshops you need to be based in one of the following local council areas: East Devon, Mid Devon, Teignbridge or Exeter.
If you are outside of these areas please call us on 0800 592 872 before making a booking.
When & Where
Business Information Point
We’ve been helping people start and stay in business throughout the South West for over 20 years. Since setting up as an enterprise agency in 1993, we have worked tirelessly to support self-employed individuals and small businesses with our blend of practical, down-to-earth advice and interactive workshops.
We also provide over 1,700 people regular advice, news and information via our fortnightly newsletter which you can sign up to here.