This full-day, hands-on workshop uses examples drawn from charities and not for profits to help you improve your online writing skills, learn how
to write for different online media and get a better understanding of how users navigate the web. We cover these key areas:
• The principles of writing for the web: • Website and page structure
• The value of great content and ideas on what kind of content you can deliver
• How to define and focus on your audience: • Understanding personas
• Writing to sell • Understanding content management systems:
• Beginners’ Blogging: What makes a good blog: • Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation and SEO easy wins
• META tags and their use: Writing with keywords • Email marketing and headline writing
Do I have to book using Eventbrite?
No. You can simply contact us at email@example.com with your name, organisation, billing address and a note of any access issues. We will issue an invoice in advance of your attendance.
What refreshments are served at the training?
Two free rounds of tea, coffee and biscuits are served on arrival and at mid-morning. There is also a sandwich and soup lunch served as part of the ticket cost.
Is there disabled access?
The venue is fully accessible. Please let us know in advance of any access requirements.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please refer to this Get Into Govan website page: http://www.getintogovan.com/visit/
What can/can't I bring to the event?
No need to bring equipment or laptop unless we specifically ask in the training descriptor. Pen and paper may be handy for notes.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you want to transfer to another training course, please contact us with five or more days’ notice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Civicos Training requires five working days' notice of cancellation. We will always attempt to place you on a later version of the same course, or transfer your booking to another course at no extra cost. However, if you cancel with less than the required notice, we do resrve the right to charge for the full cost of the course