Actions and Detail Panel
Creating impact through Community Investment: What is the Social Purpose of...
Tue 21 March 2017, 11:00 – 16:00 GMT
For several years HACT has provided a forum for cutting edge thinking about community investment. Since our last series of seminars in 2015 the environment has changed significantly, both in terms of policies and available resources. Housing associations are reacting in different ways; variously reducing, rationalising or refocusing their CI work. At the same time many communities in these challenging and post-Brexit times are under even more pressure.
Re-focused and new responses are needed from agencies across all sectors. In conjunction with our Community Investment partner SRC, we are now running a new series of seminars to bring the latest developments, thinking and practice to housing providers. The subject of our November seminar was ‘refocusing community investment’; in January we looked at ‘work in the fields of health, wellbeing and employment’.
21st March Seminar - What is the social purpose of housing now – new futures for community investment?
This seminar will cover key operational and strategic issues for community investment in a changing environment. We will look forward at the concept of the social purpose organisation; at whether a whole-organisation approach is the way forward or whether there are better alternatives. We will hear about case studies and from leading thinkers in the field. We will stimulate your thinking and provide a quality environment for shared learning. You will leave inspired and armed with ideas and strategies for the future.
Some of the issues to be covered
- The latest thinking in smart working and efficiency in community investment
- Delivering community investment at distance and with limited resources
- Working with under pressure and changing communities
- Impact measurement and how it is evolving
- New partnerships with agencies at the cutting edge of social issues
- The future for some housing associations as social purpose organisations
Confirmed speakers include
- Peter Richmond, Chief Executive, Pioneer Housing Group
- Boris Worrall, Chief Executive, Rooftop Housing Group
- Sally Thomas, Director of Communities, HACT
- Steve Andrews, Community Empowerment Manager, Knightstone Housing
- David King, Business Development Officer, HACT
Who is this event for?
This event is aimed at anyone responsible for the development and delivery of community investment, whether in strategic or senior operational roles. The audience will include staff and board members from housing associations, plus consultants and practitioners from agencies that work with social housing.
£200 per person plus Eventbrite fees. Payment can be made with a credit or debit card, or you can select to pay by invoice by choosing this option in the payments section.