San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sarah’s positive psychology masterclasses have been running very successfully in London for several years. She is thrilled to be able to offer this extended masterclass, running for the first time in Australia, that will pull together the research behind her publication 'Positive Psychology at Work' with her extensive experience of working with organisations.
The masterclass is intended for consultants and leaders in organisations.
This inaugural programme will run in Sydney from the 17th to the 20th of November. The venue is the Powerhouse Museum in central Sydney. Timings on the first and last days are designed to accomodate those wishing to travel to Sydney to attend.
So why should I come?
Just read what some of our previous attendees have had to say about the impact the masterclass has had on their working life:
'Six months on from Sarah's workshop the value of what I learned is still unfolding - I am now confidently using the Organisational Strengths Cards she showed us and the change in my team has been dynamic and revelatory, they are on fire! I highly recommend these masterclasses to anyone working in organisations large or small!'
'Thank you for hosting such an exciting, inspiring day yesterday. I was so pleased...so much time to share stories and share insights. I am buzzing today....I found your delivery style relaxed and engaging – I learnt so much and had a great deal of fun doing so.'
What will happen on this masterclass? What exactly will I get out of it?
The course will be a structured and facilitated experience, ensuring all delegates get a grounding in the material but with enough built in flexibility to allow us to respond to emerging themes, interests and queries.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Offer positive and appreciative leadership
- Create motivation and commitment to change
- Conduct positive performance appraisals
- Ask change-creating questions
- Create positive workplace cultures
- Conduct root cause of success analysis
- Build and develop effective, engaged teams
- Create employee engagement
- Undertake positive strategic analysis and development
- Create flourishing organisations
- Create great relationships through everyday interaction
You will learn about:
- Positive and Appreciative Leadership
- Positive and Appreciative Change
- Strengths-based performance development
- Appreciative Inquiry
- The benefits of positive emotions at work
- The importance of learning from success
- Appreciative Team Development
- Meaningfulness at work
- Positive strategic development processes
- The secrets of flourishing organisations
- The micro-moment magic of high quality relationships
This four-day program will:
- Address the appreciation and the critiques of this approach and practice
- Introduce both micro-moments and large system interventions
- Locate the theory and practice within an ethical, contextual and historical frame
- Be highly participatory and experiential
- Include lots of exercises and case studies
- Benefit from extensive expert lecture input from Sarah
- Cover key aspects of positive psychology, particularly strengths, positivity, flow and flourishing organizations and individuals
- Focus on the emotional life of the organization, looking particularly at hope, optimism, forgiveness and gratitude
When is it going to be?
The course will take place over four days and it is intended that the approximate timings will be as below:
Day 1 (Monday 17th November): 11am - 6pm
Day 2 (Tuesday 18th November): 9am - 5pm
Day 3 (Wednesday 19th November): 9am - 5pm
Day 4 (Thursday 20th November): 8am - 3pm
(Note late start on Day 1 and early finish on Day 2 to save on overnight accommodation for traveling delegates)
More about Sarah
Sarah is a chartered organisational psychologist who has worked with organisations and individuals to achieve change for over thirty years.
An early adopter of Appreciative Inquiry she is one of the UK’s leading experts in strengths-based approaches, speaking regularly at national conferences. She is a respected writer on the topic, as lead author of Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management and author of Positive Psychology at Work.
She works with organisations from private and non-profit sectors and is currently working on her next book.
When & Where
Appreciating Change is a business psychology consultancy specialising in helping organizations to achieve sustainable change. Working closely with the client to ensure partnership and ownership, we bring expertise in psychology and in social change methodologies such as Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space and World Café. All of these approaches help reduce resistance to change and the need to create ‘buy-in’, rather people co-create the change of which they will be part. Recent clients include: Aston Business School, Saab SeaEye, DeBeers, Vectoraerospace, The Open University Press and Lewisham Homes. See our website www.acukltd.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, 0845 055 9874.