KTN is organizing a stakeholder workshop to bring together leading academics working on 2D materials and devices from across UK to meet with potential industry users and the wider supply chain to explore the opportunities and challenges faced in bringing these other 2D materials to market.
10 am Registration
10.30 am Presentations
- Welcome address from Innovate UK - Ben Walsh, Innovate UK
- Non-Carbon 2D Materials State of Art Review project briefing and preliminary research finding - Tatiana Correia, KTN
- Workshop: association with non-carbon 2D materials. What’s missing?
- "Are 2D Materials opportunities supply or demand limited?" - Andy Goodwin, Thomas Swan
- "2D Materials beyond Graphene for Electrical and Optical Device Applications" - Weiping Wu, City University
- "Equipment and Processes for the Fabrication of Atomic Scale Devices" - Frazer Anderson, Oxford Instruments
- "2D Molecular Beam Epitaxy activities at The University of Sheffield" - Ian Farrer, Sheffield University
- "2D Materials to Fibres and Textiles” - Henry Yi LI, University of Manchester
- "CVD-based 2D film technology”, Stephan Hofmann, University of Cambridge
- “Ionic solutions of 2-dimensional materials”, Chris Howard, UCL
- “MoS2 for friction and wear reduction”, Cayetano Espejo, University of Leeds
2 pm Workshop discussion: Challenges and opportunities for commercialising non-carbon 2D materials4.00 pm Wrap up