1 Day Course
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Price from: £179
PAY NO BOOKING FEES BY BOOKING DIRECT: Creating Websites with WordPress
This one day course will enable you to build your own self hosted Word Press web site either from scratch or by editing existing templates and themes. We also offer one-to-one tuition in WordPress.
- Overview of WordPress
- Setting up a local development environment
- Managing MySQL databases with PHPMyAdmin
- Installing WordPress
- Overview of the interface and the dashboard
- Adding users and assigning different user roles
- Setting up reading and post options
- Creating, adding, updating and assigning menus
- Creating SEO friendly URLs
- How WordPress pages are structured
- How a theme is structured
- Building the sidebar
- Creating a custom home page
- Installing a theme
- Activating & deactivating themes
- Editing Themes and Templates
- How templates pages fit into the WordPress structure
- Overview of how PHP is coded for WordPress
- Creating your own WordPress template page
Course requirements: This course is suitable for anyone with basic Mac or PC knowledge.
View Full course details: https://www.platform39.com/courses/web/creating-websites-with-wordpress
020 3397 4567
For all booking enquiries please call us on 020 3397 4567. We reserve the right to cancel a course no later than 7 days before the start date if there are insufficient numbers booked onto the course. Under such circumstances a full refund will be given to anyone who has already paid.
Before booking a place on any of our courses please ensure that you have read our booking policy.
Save This Event
When & Where
Westland Place Studios
3-11 Westland Place
N1 7LP London
Platform 39 is based at Westland Place Studios, one of the oldest established art and design studios in Shoreditch, London. All of our tutors have professional experience within the creative industries, many have taught at leading art and design institutions including the Royal College of Art.
Our clients include: The BBC, Publicis, NBCUniversal, Giorgio Armani & Sony.
• Learn from creative industry professionals
• Small class sizes – a maximum of 6 students
• Adobe certified expert tutors
• A unique and truly creative learning environment
• Fully equipped digital training studio
• Conveniently located near Old Street tube station