Several years ago, George Land conducted a study to test divergent thinking capability levels in children and adults. His tests measured the ability to generate multiple approaches to solving a problem, tracking down the ‘creative geniuses’ in each category. The geniuses would be the ones who were able to come up with a hundred possible answers to a specific question or problem. The results were astonishing:
- 5 year olds: 98% of the respondents were a creative genius
- 10 year olds: 30% of the respondents were a creative genius
- 15 year olds: 12% of the respondents were a creative genius
- Adults: 2% of the respondents were a creative genius
Traditional styles of education has driven the creative genius from us. Why does this matter to our workplaces today? Why would these results be critical for businesses in a disruptive environment?
- Creativity spurs innovation
- Innovation drives progress, efficiency, sustainability and accelerates business growth
It’s time to take our people back to our earlier creative abilities. It’s time to reclaim the imagination of all of our employees and make our workplaces safe environments that spur innovative thought as we go about our daily lives.
Join us at this experiential boot camp and develop the awareness, understanding, skill and gives you the tools to start the incredible journey of taking yourself and your teams into the imagination!