San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Creative Data Club brings together all types (and ability levels) of data fans and creators to share, discuss and explore interesting ideas about how data can be used in creative ways or produce creative work.
The premise is simple, four speakers from a range of backgrounds share how they use data, you get to start some conversations with other data fans and the drinks are on us.
Lined up for a series of short presentations are:
- Taras Young on taking control of your own personal location data
- Emily Groves on Information Design at RCA and displaying data in new ways for Network Rail
- Steve Woodward on connecting arts organisations with school in the London area with #ANDTogether
- Andrew Faraday on connecting audiences through participatory music making
- Kristina Pulejkova on data sonifications, her experience with sourcing them from NASA and JET, and touching upon the 17th century astronomer Johannes Kepler's concept of music of the spheres
When & Where
Sound and Music
Sound and Music is the national agency for new music. Our vision is to create a world where new music and sound prospers, transforming lives, challenging expectations and celebrating the work of its creators.
Our work includes composer and artist support and development, partnerships with a range of organisations, live events and audience development, touring, information and advice, network building, and education.
We champion new music and the work of British composers and artists, and seek to ensure that they are at the heart of cultural life and enjoyed by many.