Creative Europe offers support designed to help animation filmmakers develop their ideas, unlock funding and reach a large international audience with their projects. This Creative Europe Desk UK event is targeted at animation producers and directors working in film, television and across digital platforms who are looking to internationalise their career.
Representatives of flagship Creative Europe-funded initiatives, such as CARTOON, Annecy’s MIFA and The Animation Workshop will showcase some of the opportunities available to UK producers on a European level and include insights from the professionals who have benefited from these initiatives.
10:30 – 11:00 Registration
11:00 – 11:10 Welcome and Introduction
11:10 – 11:30 KEYNOTE: Lindsay Watson, Animated Women UK
11:30 – 12:15 SESSION 1: Finding Your Feet
What are the benefits of attending an international training course? How can networking with professionals from across Europe and the rest of the world lead to your next project being made?
- Yolanda Alonso, Director, Cartoon Masters and Cartoon Connection
- Tim Leborgne, Department Director, The Animation Workshop
- Annick Teninge, Director, La Poudriere Animation School
- Moderated by: Kath Shackleton, Producer, Fettle Animation
12:15 – 13:00 SESSION 2: Finding the Funds
Just exactly what do you need in order to access the non-repayable grants available through Creative Europe’s MEDIA sub-programme? What are the tricks to getting your project selected? Let the Creative Europe Desk UK team guide you through the schemes with input from those producers who got it right.
- Helen Howells, Joint Managing Director, Hoho Entertainment
- Charlotte Wadsworth, Producer, ArthurCox
- Erica Darby, Producer, Spider Eye
- Moderated by: Agnieszka Moody, Director, Creative Europe Desk UK
13:00 – 14:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 – 14:45 SESSION 3: Finding the Right Financiers
What does the financing landscape look like for European animation projects? How can you get your project in front of the right people, at the right time?
- Anna Vášová, Director of TV Series and Specials, Visegrad Animation Forum
- Mickaël Marin, CITIA Managing Director, Head of Economic Development & Mifa
- Iain Harvey, Illuminated Films (Cartoon Forum Participant)
- Moderated by: Julian Scott, Animation Consultant, Film London
14:45 – 15:30 SESSION 4: Finding your Audience
What are Europe’s animation festival programmers looking for? How can you make the most of the festival experience once your project is selected?
- Matea Milić, Festival Producer, Animafest Zagreb
- Kieran Argo, Animation Programmer, Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival
- Moderated by: Emilie Jouffroy, Producer, Elation Pictures
15:30 – 16:30 Breakout Sessions / One-to-ones with speakers
Attendes will be able to sign up for these during the lunch break.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a free event with a limited capacity, so please let us know in advance if you are no longer able to attend.
Image: Hoho Entertainment received €500,000 for their original CG animated series Shane the Chef