Actions and Detail Panel
Creative Event Design & Styling Workshop- Southampton
Thu 27 July 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
One day workshop with lunch
Get ready for an action-packed day of event and party planning workshops hosted by our very own event experts. You'll hear all about the event industry and learn how to run professionally planned experiences ranging from small celebrations to large conference and experiential events. We'll be introducing the elements of professional event design, starting with a concept board workshop and ending in a hands-on event styling session using industry materials and techniques. Lunch and refreshments are provided as part of this course.
Discounts available here:
Duration: Approx. 10.00- 16.00 with lunch and refreshment breaks
Who's it for: Perfect for those with a passion for events or want to learn more about becoming an event professional in an interactive environment. Perhaps you have an event in mind already or just want more confidence in planning events in the future. No experience necessary.
Transport: Free parking at venue. Local train station (Bursledon) is a 3-5 min walk.
Included: Arrival refreshments, lunch, professional expert advice, stationery pack, course handbook, workshops, concept boards and material and a hands-on decor session. All materials are provided. If you have a particular event or theme in mind, feel free to bring magazine cuttings, fabrics and samples with you.
What can you expect?
- A host of talks, inspiring imagery and interactive sessions with activities to give you confidence in tackling your own design projects and events at home or at work
- Expert advice from creative event planners with years of experience and practical examples to share
- The opportunity to brainstorm and shoot questions to the trainers throughout the day and really benefit from having a professional in the room
- All our courses provide delegates with a handbook packed with useful event design toolkits, event plan templates and advice sheets to take home after the event
- Refreshments served throughout the session. Our full day courses also offer lunch and nibbles
- The chance to create your own luxury event concept board, playing on the industry techniques you will be exploring
- A fun and accessible journey through the various elements of luxury event planning
- Arrival with refreshments
- Meet your expert for the day
- Introduction to the events industry
- Ideas and inspiration: Finding your creative flow
- The Design Process: How to start planning
- When events go right (and when they go wrong!)
- The psychology of an event manager and your roles and responsibilities
- Taking a client brief / deciphering your own ideas
- Client communication
- Audience and guest analysis
- Event theming
- Colour and texture analysis
- Storytelling through events
- Creative catering and menu design
- Event conceptualisation and design
- Concept board workshop using professional event design techniques and resources
- Event planning and the all-important 'Event Plan'
- Contingency planning
- Professional event management
- Introduction to marketing communications for events
- Post-event analytics and evaluation
- Event styling and decor workshop using professional props and resources
- Closing remarks and Q&A
Want to know more? Give us a buzz!
For our FAQs, please visit here