GUIDED WALK – Grwyne Fawr Reservoir & Bothy
Sunday 26th March
10am – 3pm
Meeting / Starting Point at 10am: Blaen-y-Cwm car park, Mynydd Du Forest.
Grid reference: SO252284
Nearest postcode: NP7 7NW
A guided walk with John Clark, of Herefordshire Wildlife Trust, to Grwyne Fawr Reservoir in the Brecon Beacons National Park. The dam was completed in 1928 with the purpose of supplying clean water to the South Wales valleys. A large temporary village was established for the workforce and remains of buildings surround the site.
The walk will include a visit to a bothy maintained by volunteers of the Mountain Bothy Association. www.mountainbothies.org.uk
£10 per person
£6 for Creative Network members
Scroll down the page to book a place or tel: 01873 811579 / email: email@example.com
Click here for more information about the Creative Network and to subscribe.
- Please bring warm clothing, waterproof jacket and trousers, walking boots, rucksack, hat and gloves. Sun cream may be required.
- Please bring a hot drink, water, lunch and snacks.
- Please inform Arts Alive if you have any medical conditions at the point of booking a place. The walk leader should be informed immediately if you feel unwell during the day.
- The walk leader has the discretion to refuse anyone that is improperly equipped.
- In adverse weather conditions the walk will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- All participants are responsible for taking care of themselves, participating in a safe manner and looking out for others.
When & Where
Arts Alive Wales