A very practical workshop that aims to explore creative ways of helping children express themselves and communicate when someone important in their life is dying or has died
• to identify the importance of helping children find ways to express themselves and their feelings
• to explore and develop self-awareness and support for ourselves
• to gain an understanding of the theories of loss and grief in relation to children
• to experience creative ways of helping children and families
• to learn from others on the workshop, sharing examples of their work
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all those whose work includes contact with families where children are bereaved
"The activities were superb, especially the feltmaking, and very thought provoking. It will help me support the children and siblings better.”
(Fees for participants include course materials, CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch) - £125.
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.