San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CITB NI is providing a series of short seminars on a range of topical business issues. These seminars are being delivered by industry experts, giving attendees a detailed overview of the subject area and the practicalities of dealing with these issues in the construction industry.
In addition, CITB NI will provide a short overview of the services we provide to the construction industry and their benefits to employers.
Programme for the event:
8.45 Registration / tea & coffee
9.00 Credit Control
This seminar will provide attendees with an enhanced understanding of credit control and good cash management, to include:-
• Cash management and the cashflow cycle.
• What is cashflow? Cash –v– Profit.
• Impact of not getting paid on time;
• Managing Payments to Suppliers.
• Coping with late Payments.
• What happens if you can’t honour your commitments – worst case scenario.
• Recovering outstanding invoices.
• Vital warning signs of cashflow difficulties.
• Tools – templates for credit terms; sample letters / formal demands.
Key outputs from the seminar will include enhanced understanding of:
• Cashflow and working capital management.
• How to recognise cashflow warning signs.
• Key factors impacting upon a business cashflow.
• Awareness of debt and insolvency issues.
• Steps to improve credit control.
• Good cash management techniques.
10.30 CITB NI – Working with the Northern Ireland Construction Industry
This session will tell the industry about the benefits of working with CITB NI as the Industry Training Board. Our role is to work in partnership with the industry improving their performance and productivity through improving the skills of those employed or intending to be employed in the industry. The presentation will cover the wide range of products and services available including grants, training, publications and levy and their benefits to the industry.
11.00 Managing a Family Business
• Understanding the family business
• Issues and challenges with family businesses
• The dynamics of a family business
• Management of a family business
• Family and non-Family Workers
• Board of Directors
• Solutions and tools to running a family business
• Communication strategies
• Developing/drafting the Family Business Constitution
Ruairi Martin, Director of PKF/FPM has designed and delivered workshops on behalf of Invest NI on Improving Cashflow and Family Business. He has also delivered workshops and a series of mentoring sessions to participating businesses on Belfast City Council’s Access to Finance and DKIT’s Success through Succession Programmes
FREE to CITB NI registered employers - please have your registration number when booking.
£25 for non-CITB NI registered attendees.
Free parking is available.