San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
“One of the most useful training sessions I have done. I would make this mandatory for all client advisers."
"Well worth the 8-hour round-trip from Devon! Very informative and inclusive.”
Are you up-to-date with criminal record
Do you feel confident advising your clients with criminal records on exactly what they need to disclose and the best way to do so?
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (ROA) has changed for the first time in 40 years. In addition, a new filtering system removing certain cautions and convictions from DBS certificates was introduced last year. Correctly advising your clients on their rights and responsibilities when disclosing criminal records will help to increase their chances of securing employment.
Who it’s for
We work with front-line practitioners and advisers to increase their confidence to support people with criminal records into employment, education and training.
What you’ll learn
On this one-day workshop you will:
- understand how to apply the ROA, the ROA Exceptions Order and advise your clients on when their convictions may become spent and/or eligible for filtering
- learn about the impact of criminal records on education and employment options
- understand exactly what your clients need to disclose and in which circumstances
- improve your confidence in helping them to prepare for positive disclosure.
Why you should choose us
- We’ve helped thousands of people with significant offending histories to overcome the risk-averse attitudes of employers and training providers, through positive disclosure.
- We’ve developed unrivalled expertise from more than 15 years’ experience of advising policymakers and providing operational support to employers across the UK with the safe recruitment of people with criminal records.
- Lunch is included in our full-day workshop rates.
If you would prefer to be invoiced, please complete our booking form.
If you have any questions, call us on 0845 600 3194, 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
When & Where
Nacro is a champion of social justice. We aim to positively change lives, enhance social inclusion and strengthen communities.
We offer specialist advice, training and consultancy to organisations on criminal records and disclosure issues.