Actions and Detail Panel
Crowdfunding for Social Causes - Sharing Learnings
Mon 19 December 2016, 18:00 – 19:30 AWST
Get ready for an evening of invaluable learnings as we unlock the secrets of how to run a successful Crowdfunding campaign for social causes.
Chuffed.org is coming to town!
On Monday 19th December, Chuffed's Growth Manager (Marlies Kimpe), will be sharing the stage with some of our star WA campaigners as they reveal what it really takes to run a successful crowdfunding campaign.
We will be drawing learnings from over 4,000 projects that have been funded on Chuffed.org, raising more than $12M in the past 3 years. We will also explain the fundamentals of crowdfunding for social causes, useful tips and tricks for individuals and organisations getting started, and why you should consider adding crowdfunding to your fundraising mix.
Monday 19th December, 18:00 - 19:30
- 18:00 - 18:10: Introductions
- 18:10 - 18:20: Heiko Plange on learnings from North Perth Free-climbing Dome
- 18:20 - 18:30: Shameema Kolia on learnings from Aiding Aleppo and Flour4Syria
- 18:30 - 18:40: John Bishop on learnings from Help PetRescue Fix the Pound
- 18:40 - 19:00: Q&A Panel Discussion
- 19:00 - 19:30: Meet the speakers and networking
Heiko Plange FFIA, CFRE - Senior Philanthropy Adviser
- Heiko has extensive experience in managing fundraising and corporate partnership programs. He has worked with organisations spanning health, education, and community services and is currently the Senior Philanthropy Advisor at the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research. Heiko is a Fellow of the Fundraising Institute of Australia.
- Heiko will be sharing learnings from the North Perth Free-climbing Dome campaign that raised an amazing $43,000 in 30 days.
Shameema Kolia - General Manager at Al Imdaad Foundation Australia
- Shameema is a successful young entrepreneur and leader who co-founded Muslim Youth Western Australia in 2005, using her volunteer experience to turn her passion into a reality. She is currently the General Manager of the Al Imdaad Foundation Australia, an International NGO delivering humanitarian aid in both man-made and natural disasters.
- Shameema will tell you more about how she has run several crowdfunding campaigns, raising anywhere between $4,000 to $14,000 supporting humanitarian aid projects ranging from Aiding Aleppo to Flour4Syria.
John Bishop (Jb) - Co-Founder and joint CEO at PetRescue
- Jb spent most of his career working in IT for some of the largest corporates in Australia, but in the last 11 years has brought his big-picture skills and experience to help rehome over 300,000 pets. Jb uses technology and social media to help more fantastic pets find fantastic forever homes on PetRescue, which is one of the largest charity websites in Australia.
- Jb will take you behind the scenes of PetRescue's Safe and Sound Pounds campaign that raised over $63,000 in 30 days, smashing their $50,000 target.
At our favourite coworking space: Spacecubed
45 Saint Georges Terrace, Perth, WA 6000
Entry to the event is entirely free (as is our platform)!
You can choose to make a small $10 donation in support of one of our WA-based crowdfunding campaigns (to be announced on the evening). By supporting one of our crowdfunding campaigns, you will instantly become part of the Chuffed.org family and community of committed people across Australia that are making this world a better place.
Want to learn more?
You can register here for a free 30 minutes 1-on-1 crowdfunding mentoring session with Marlies on Monday 19 or Tuesday 20 December.
Marlies recently joined team Chuffed.org to better support individuals and organisations doing amazing things. Prior to Chuffed.org, she gained experience in fundraising, crowdfunding and corporate partnerships, working with organisations in animal welfare (PetRescue), social enterprise (Spacecubed) and international development (WaterAid), both in Australia and the UK. Marlies will be sharing learnings from over 4,000 social cause projects on Chuffed.org, as well as some of her own experience as part of the team behind the Spacecubed - Level 9 Crowdfunding campaign that raised $50,000 in 30 days.
Can't make it?
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to learn more about Crowdfunding for social causes.