Croydon Tech City's "Future Tech City" Launch for Teachers, Parents & Technologists - March 2017 at TMRW
Monday, 13 March 2017 at 17:00 (GMT)
Croydon Tech City invites all local primary and secondary schools, in addition to all local education volunteers to its 2017 Future Tech City Launch at TMRW, on Croydon High Street.
NOTE: There is a 4PM Code Club training session for PRIMARY SCHOOL teachers, one hour before the event starts. If you register to attend and are from a Primary School please attend this session.
Picture: Future Tech City volunteers at a recent Croydon Tech City event, in TMRW
At the event from 5PM, all attendees will have the opportunity to hear talks from the following speakers:
- Code Club - Outlining how Code Club and CTC can support (for free) primary school teachers to deliver STEM skills
- BBC Microbit - Learn about the BBC's initiative to give away a free pocket-sized computer to every Year 7 age pupil in the UK
- CTC Apprenticeships - We will announce how Croydon Tech City and our business community can support you find apprenticeships for your students
- Teach First - Discussing how they are preparing graduates to deliver extracurricular STEM curriculum in primary and secondary schools
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with all the education support providers above and also Croydon Tech City tech specialists to support your understanding of the tech industry in general.
The aim of the event is to:
- Identify schools that want the above education providers to come in and provide FREE STEM support and opportunities to pupils AND teachers
- Find volunteers from the Croydon community to support the delivery of STEM skills to Croydon children through our various extra-curricular programmes
- Find tech businesses that are willing to provide work experience or apprenticeships to Croydon teens
For more information on Future Tech City, please download the brochure here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Croydon Tech City team
PLEASE REGISTER TO ATTEND IF YOU ARE A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, TECHNOLOGIST, GOVERNOR, PARENT OR TEACHER that is interested in enabling Croydon’s young people to get access to tech training, apprenticeships or jobs.
Save This Event
When & Where
Croydon Tech City
Croydon Tech City is a community of software developers, creatives, venture capitalists and tech startup founders who are committed to making Croydon an attractive home to early-stage technical and digital startups.
The aim of the group is:
- The promote the borough of Croydon
- To champion digital and tech start-ups in Croydon and the wider South London area
- To provide advice and support for digital and tech start-ups in the borough
- To build a robust network of entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and developers in the borough