Cambridge University Entrepreneurs is the UK's oldest student entrepreneurship society and is known to organize one of the most successful student-led business planning and creation competition in the World. Since 1999, CUE has had over 450 entries and has awarded over £0.5m in seed funding to more than 40 business ideas. These companies have raised more than £33m further funding and are currently valued at more than £100m. Our competitions help you create global companies.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
For those looking to sharpen their tech skills, share an idea and potentially travel to the Silicon Valley, Appathon UK is taking place between November 1-2 at the Engineering LR6 Building. In collaboration with SVC2UK and the serial entrepreneur and angel Investor, Sherry Coutu, our early-November event will celebrate and challenge many of Cambridge's rising leaders in tech and entrepreneurship. We invite you to enter the competition and spend the day with many of Cambridge's other leading innovators. For more details, please see below.
(1) Location - Engineering LR6
(2) Benefits: Our winning teams will be able to pitch their apps to the national Appathon UK competition.
(3) Prizes available for the national stage could include:
1) A all-expenses paid trip to Silicon Valley to meet tech giants including Google, Facebook and LinkedIn;
2) Concert tickets at the O2 for a concert of your choice;
3) Tours of the BBC;
4) Tour of the Mind Candy offices in London and the chance to meet Michael Acton Smith;
5) Work experience at KANO and Technology Will Save Us;
6) Lunch with CEO and mentoring from WAYN, should you decide to take their app further than the competition;
7) Tesla have also agreed to provide a winning team with a chauffeured drive to the House of Commons reception. The winning team going to California will also get the chance to visit the Tesla factory;
8) Grad Factor will showcase a winning university team on a National level, with their App and name(s) broadcast on the UK’s largest student TV network reaching 1.6 million students nationwide across 93 different UK universities.
(4) Event Schedule
Saturday, 1 November
Team formation and brainstorming: 13:30
Lunch arrives: 14:30
Hacking begins: 17:00
Hacking continues: 19:00
Pizza arrives: 19:30
Hacking continues: 22:00
Sunday, 2 November
Venue opens - Breakfast and Coffee: 10:00
Hacking continues: 12:30
Lunch arrives: 16:30
Teams prepare 2min "Show and Tell": 18:00
Show and Tell from all teams, with judges voting: 19:00
Presentation of awards and what happens next: 19:30
- The CUE Committee 2014-2015
When & Where
Cambridge University Entrepreneurs