Actions and Detail Panel
Cultural Awareness 1: Barriers
Mon 16 January 2017, 09:30 – 13:00 GMT
The course will benefit anyone who works with people from a minority ethnic background.
The aims of the course
The half day training course focusses on the barriers that people from a minority ethnic background experience when accessing services in Scotland.
Objectives of the course
The training course will provide you with:
- A better understanding of barriers in accessing services experienced by minority ethnic people
- The opportunity to enhance cultural sensitivity and competence
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- Cultural awareness and understanding of the impact of cultural differences
- A better understanding of challenges faced by services working with minority ethnic people
- Practical tools to reduce cross-cultural misunderstanding and encourage positive cross-cultural communication
- The opportunity to explore new barriers affecting EE minority ethnic people after Brexit.
Terms and Conditions
Training booking on Eventbrite must be paid by credit or debit card using Visa, Mastercard or American express. In exceptional circumstances, credit facilities may be available. Please contact the organiser to discuss your request at email@example.com or 0131 225 8508.
If you need to cancel your booking and give more than two weeks’ notice, we will refund your payment in full. If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice, we will refund 50% of your fee.