The course will benefit anyone who works with people from a minority ethnic background.
The aims of the course
The half day training course focusses on the barriers that people from a minority ethnic background experience when accessing services in Scotland.
Objectives of the course
The training course will provide you with:
- A better understanding of barriers in accessing services experienced by minority ethnic people
- The opportunity to enhance cultural sensitivity and competence
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- Cultural awareness and understanding of the impact of cultural differences
- A better understanding of challenges faced by services working with minority ethnic people
- Practical tools to reduce cross-cultural misunderstanding and encourage positive cross-cultural communication
- The opportunity to explore new barriers affecting EE minority ethnic people after Brexit.