The course will benefit anyone who works with people from a minority ethnic background.
Aims of the course
The half day training course focusses on cultural differences and how those experiencing poor mental health are understood and treated.
Objectives of the course
This training course will provide you with:
- Understanding of what mental health is in culturally diverse communities
- Understanding of mental health and mental illness among culturally diverse communities
- The opportunity to explore how cultural diversity affects the management of mental illness
- The opportunity to understand beliefs about the causes of mental illness
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent in mental health
- Awareness and understanding of cultural communication in mental health.
Terms and conditions
Training booking on Eventbrite must be paid by credit or debit card using Visa, Mastercard or American express. In exceptional circumstances, credit facilities may be available. Please contact the organiser to discuss your request at email@example.com or 0131 225 8508.
If you need to cancel your booking and give more than two weeks’ notice, we will refund your payment in full. If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice, we will refund 50% of your fee.