Actions and Detail Panel
Cultural Competency Training: Working with Gypsies and Travellers
Thu 27 April 2017, 11:00 – 14:00 BST
This is a half day workshop for statutory or voluntary organisation staff wanting to engage or work more effectively with Gypsies and Travellers.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in ensuring that their services are inclusive and accessible for the Gypsy and Traveller communities. It would be particularly useful for those who work in planning, housing and accommodation, equality, health, education, police, fire & rescue, social services and the early years.
This is a lively, interactive session with talk and questions and small group work with Gypsies & Travellers and experienced trainers. Takeaway resources and handouts provided.
- Increased knowledge of culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities;
- A better understanding of diversity within the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities;
- Identified obstacles to access and attitudinal issues or barriers in education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services, that inhibit the delivery of quality provision to GRT communities;
- Improved understanding of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community and what they can do to address exclusion and ensure inclusion in the delivery of services;
- Established a baseline of knowledge and support that can be accessed to assist officers.
Times: 11am – 2pm including refreshments.
30 places only so please book early to avoid disappointment.