Actions and Detail Panel
Curiosity is Key! Maximising curiosity and engagement in Primary Science
Thu 29 June 2017, 10:00 – 15:30 BST
Who is the course for?
Teaching staff in primary schools.
This course will focus on:
- Understanding the importance of emotional engagement
- Creating “Mystery” in the classroom
- Using curiosity boards- I see, I think...I wonder?
- Promoting higher order thinking skills
- Using Active learning to maximise engagement
- Helping pupils to understand what makes a good question
The course will be lead by Emma Davies who has taught across the primary age range and currently teaches in a Year 5 class at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy in York. She is an SLE for the Ebor Teaching School Alliance and also the Primary Science Specialist for the Ebor Academy Trust. Emma delivers lively, interactive courses, bursting with active learning ideas and activities that can be adapted across the primary age range.
Catering: Lunch and refreshments will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking: Restricted parking is available
Course cost: £95
Payment can be made by debit/credit card, cheque or invoice.