2016 promises to be a busy and significant year for the UK TV industry: new set-top boxes (Sky Q), new entrants, and new questions (where next for Amazon and Netflix?).
Sweeping across the latest developments in the pay TV, free-to-air TV, SVOD and wider online video markets, let Decipher lead you through the emerging UK TV landscape in this interactive, half-day session.
This session will include a live demostration of Sky Q & NOW TV Smart box.
Who is it for?
- Strategy and product development teams
- Market intelligence, insight and research teams
- Programme commissioners, planners, schedulers and catalogue managers
- Distribution and carriage teams
- Ad sales teams
- Legal and policy teams
- Digital content and second screen (or companion app) teams
Past attendees have included delegates from broadcasters, platforms, aggregators, content owners, film studios and production companies – both from the UK and abroad.
Content and outline structure
- What does the arrival of Sky Q, Sky's new "pay premium" service, mean for the UK TV landscape?
- What new launches can we expect before the end of the year?
- How and why are the pay platforms seeking whole-home connectivity?
- As IP (delivery over internet networks) evolves across devices, what does this mean for broadcasters, platforms, and viewers?
- With the launch of Freeview Play, the next-generation Freeview service, where next for the free-to-air platforms?
- "Challenger" streaming devices (e.g. Apple TV) and services (e.g. Netflix and Amazon Instant Video): who, what and how disruptive?
Benefits to you
- Keep abreast of the latest industry research, from a variety of sources
- Get to grips with the latest strategic thinking from across the industry
- Tune in to Decipher’s latest thinking on the evolution of the UK TV landscape
- An opportunity to get “hands on” with the latest in TV, video and consumer technology
- A chance to meet and network with fellow professionals
Feedback from past attendees
“Thanks for your presentation - was very insightful and the team enjoyed it immensely.” TV platform
“Our attendees said the session was very informative and useful. It was interesting to have a neutral perspective on so many different platforms and their changing priorities.” Pay broadcaster
“A brilliant amount of knowledge of both the products and the competitive TV space.” TV tech provider
Price and related sessions
One ticket costs £150, a Full day ticket including access to the afternoon session of Evolving TV Content costs £250.
For further information about Decipher's Antenna Programme or about bespoke sessions Decipher could host for your team or organisation, please contact Matt Walters by phone on 020 8747 4590 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Save This Event
When & Where
Decipher is a strategy & research consultancy that specialises in evolving media and technology.Founded in 1998, Decipher has worked on interactive media and technology projects for a wide range of TV industry clients. Decipher has pioneered research into the impact of PVRs and VOD on the TV advertising markets. Our Antenna workshops have become the gold standard for TV industry education and are based at the unique iBurbia Studios to allow interaction with every set top box, TV device and service.