Consumers are increasingly turning to social media to air frustrations or grievances that they are having with a particular company. Alongside this, audiences are also looking at your social media channels to be an effective first port of call for any big announcements, both good and bad. 62% of consumers have used a company’s social media channel for customer service, while 42% of those consumers expect a response within 60 minutes. Our course will help brands realise the importance of being present on these channels, whether it’s responding to customer queries or complaints, raising an issue with the wider world or managing PR statements.
This course is aimed at businesses who already have established social media channels and overall online presence. It would be most beneficial for the member of staff who manages the company social media channels regularly. This course also closely links with your company’s overall PR and Communications strategy.
- How to approach customer service on both short (Twitter) and long text (Facebook) platforms whilst remaining sincere
- Taking any potential complaints off of public social media platforms ASAP e.g. taking it to private message, email or phone call
- Monitoring any potential complaints and reporting on any frequent problems e.g. cancelled events, website issues
- Case studies of both good and bad customer service
- How to deal with a PR crisis on social media
- The best tools to manage negative communication
- Legal implications & importance of Social Media policy
- Case studies of how brands have responded to crisis situation