CV, Networking and Portfolio Workshop – Want a Job in Journalism, PR, Communications or Politics?
CV and Networking coaching workshops are run by Shout Out UK –A rapidly growing independent news network that, via journalism, film and events, aims to show young people that politics has a direct impact on everything you do in life, with the aim of lowering political apathy among the next generation.
Since our launch in July 2012, we have become one of Britain’s fastest growing alternative and independent news platforms, bolstering one of the largest network of young political, cultural and creative writers from all over the globe.
The CV, Networking and Portfolio Workshops will reveal to participating trainees what needs to be done to secure a job in Journalism, PR, Communications and Politics. The creative nature of the 1 to 1 workshop aims at keeping the skills broad, allowing them to be used for a myriad of career paths.
We do not teach academic theory, simply creative, unorthodox methods that we have seen work
The CV, Networking and Portfolio Workshops will cover:
- What your CV must look like – what should and should not be included.
- How to write a cover letter with the perfect balance between, not under selling yourself and not sounding egotistical.
- How to creatively get noticed by employers and possible interviewees (Journalism).
- When are the best times to get into these sectors, send out letters and applications.
- How to build your perfect Journalistic portfolio.
- How to network and where to network.
The CV, Networking and Portfolio Workshops were designed for anyone wishing to get into Journalism, PR, Communications or Politics. No formal higher education required to attend.
Each Trainee will get a 1 to 1 session with the mentor
What Should You Bring?
- Paper and Pen
- Your CV and Cover Letter
- An article you have written (preferably 3) - Journalism only
Shout Out UK has been praised by a number of organisations for its work to help connect the next generation to their career goals, which includes a Youth Achievement Award 2014, by the Universal Peace Federation (An organisation in special consultative statues with the UN) and a Youth Friendly Micro-business of 2014 Award, by Youth Employment UK (An organisation working to lower youth unemployment).
Availability and How to pick your hour:
Workshops are available every Wednesday from 4-9pm.
*Once you have booked your ticket, we will email you to specify which time you would like*