Actions and Detail Panel
Cyber Security Seminar: How to protect your business against a cyber attack...
Fri 30 June 2017, 09:00 – 13:30 BST
FREE Cyber Security Seminar:
How To Protect Your Business Against A Cyber Attack
Date: Friday 30th June 2017, 9.00am – 13.00pm
Refreshments: Tea & Coffee throughout and lunch buffet will be served
Check out this interesting video about what will be doing
Video Cyber Security Seminar
DCI Vanessa Smith, Head of the West Yorkshire Police Cyber Crime Unit.
Vanessa has served West Yorkshire Police for 22 years and is now heading up the Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit.
During her career, she has managed serious organised crime and led teams tackling a range of crimes. In recent years she has been the chair for MAPPA, MARAC, managed Registered Sex Offenders, investigated historical child sex abuse allegations and developed the first cyber crime team for West Yorkshire Police. In addition, she has developed the cyber response strategy for West Yorkshire Police.
"One of the best ways to protect yourself is to be aware of the risks" - DCI Vanessa Smith.
During This Seminar You’ll Discover:
- The risks to your business – and 10 critical policies, procedures and protections EVERY business must have in place NOW to protect themselves; overlook even one and you’re exposing yourself to security breaches, significant financial loss, losing valuable business data, and having confidential company information exposed to competitors, hackers and cyber criminals.
- Why organised crime has shifted its focus to small and medium sized enterprises, where the profits are greater and the risks of being caught are much lower.
- The #1 security threat to your business that anti-virus, firewalls and other security protocols are defenceless to prevent.
- Learn how to avoid joining the growing list of Yorkshire businesses that have lost £10,000s to cyber fraud.
- How to help yourself and your clients save their business from being the "low hanging fruit" that criminals target.
Who Should Attend?
The event is free to attend for eligible representatives of appropriate businesses (businesses with between 5 & 249 staff).
Are you any of the following within your business? Business Owner; Director; Senior Management – If so, this event is for you.
Who should not attend?
Businesses with more than 250 users.
Sole Traders - IT Technicians. The event is not technical and is aimed at management rather than technical people.
The event is designed for small to medium-sized businesses, it is not suitable for Sole traders or people who simply want to learn how to protect their personal belongings.
STEVE VICKERMAN - NETPOINT SOLUTIONS MANAGING DIRECTOR
BEN COOPER - NETPOINT SOLUTIONS OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Step your Business Security to the next level today, by making sure you sign up for our next session.
SPACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK NOW
Places are limited so if you book and can't attend, please let us know so we can reallocate your ticket.