Actions and Detail Panel
Cycling UK First Aid Course - Stirling
Sun 23 April 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Cyclink UK is offering free First Aid training to Cyclink UK affiliated community cycling groups across Scotland.
What to expect:
Over half of the course is practical based and to complete the course you will be expected to take a full and active part in it. Participants are normally required to be physically fit and able to kneel, twist and bend over simulated casualties, kneel on the floor to perform simulated CPR, roll, help roll and help lift simulated casualties.
If for any reason you think that you may not be able to fully participate, for example if repeated kneeling down is difficult. Please let us know at the start of the course so that we can arrange an alternative method of learning for you.
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & casualty monitoring
- Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
- Breathing Problems - cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), CPR, choking
- Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
- Awareness of current regulations and first aid kit contents
The trainer for this course follows a nationally approved programme to deliver fun, interactive and relevant training for specific groups of workers and volunteers.