All Cycling UK members are invited to attend the Cycling UK Scotland Gathering and AGM on Saturday 5 November. Non-members who are interested in joining the charity are also welcome to attend.
The day features a morning cycle ride which doubles up as an infrastructure safari, to see the best (and worst!) of cycling on offer in the city. The AGM is post bike ride, followed by lunch and an afternoon of presentations and discussion.
We’re delighted to welcome adventure cyclist, academic and writer Kate Rawles
as guest speaker, who cycled the spine of North America on an epic tour and wrote up her journey in her book “The Carbon Cycle”.
We’re also planning a pecha kucha session
and would like to invite member and affiliate groups, campaigners, tourers and those with a story to tell to participate. Pecha kucha are short presentations with 20 slides and 20 seconds for each and are a great way to sum up events and activities. If you would like to contribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you a slot.
See the day's timings below:
- 9.45 - 11am - Infrastructure safari for those interested, hosted by Spokes and starting and finishing at the Methodist Church on Nicolson Sq.
- 11.30 to 12: AGM
- 12 to 1: lunch
- 1 to 2: Kate Rawles talk and Q and A
- 2 to 2.30: series of short presentations from Cycling UK staff, members, member groups and affiliated groups
- 2.30 tea and cake
- 2.45: Campaign update from Cycling UK
- 3.15: Presentation/Q&A with Matt Mallinder to talk about new brand and direction of Cycling UK
- 4.00 close
All papers and documentation for the AGM will be emailed to you in advance of the day.
We would gratefully receive donations towards the cost of the lunch provided.