Actions and Detail Panel
Wed 18 January 2017, 13:00 – 16:30 GMT
THIS TRAINING IS OPEN TO TOWER HAMLETS STAFF AND CITY AND HACKNEY STAFF
delivered by Angela Nagle RN. ANP. INP
Clinical Tutor. GPCG.
Angela has been a Clinical Mentor since 2010. Angela works clinically as an Independent Advanced Nurse Practitioner in general practice and specialises in addressing poor access provision in general practice via a bespoke nurse led triage and first contact service. Prior to this Angela worked as a practice nurse in Essex and has a background in hospital acute care.
Venue: Education Centre, Mile End Hospital
Who should attend? :
Nurses who have completed the 2 day cytology training and who require an update as per NHSCSP guidelines ( a minimum of one half days training every three years)
Prior knowledge and experience of professional standards and delivery of patient care is required.
What is covered? :
NHS Cancer Screening Programme.
Equality of Access - women with disabilities.
A review of some commonly presenting sexual health conditions and management in Primary care.
Current developments in the cervical screening programme
Changes to local screening policies and proceedures.
Case studies - please bring examples of issues you would like to discuss with your peers.
Assessment: please bring evidence of your personal audit of the last 20 cytology tests you have done in your practice.
Sucsessful attendees will receive a certificate of attendance
Registering for CEPN Courses:
- Please ensure that before you register on to a training course that you have seeked permission from your line manager. Ensure that you are able to be released from your organisation for the duration of the training.
- Un-notified Non- attendance will result in your Employers being charged. Employers will be charged for the individual(s) at the rate of the cost per person to commission the training (this will vary in accordance to the type of training)
- If you are unable to attend training you have registered for, please cancel your place via Eventbrite. Email and telephone cancelations will not be accepted.
- When cancelling a booked place on a training course please ensure that this is done 3 days prior to the training date, this will ensure that you place can be taken up by a fellow colleague.
- On the day of the training please ensure that you arrive on time for registration. If you arrive more than 10minutes after the starting time you will be denied entry (practices will also be charged for this)
- Please note that once you have finished the training you will be expected to complete an evaluation form for feedback purposes.