San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are delighted to announce that Jesse Schell will be opening Dare Jam 2013, in partnership with the Turing Festival.
As part of Dare ProtoPlay, Dare Jam will launch with Jesse Schell speaking on convergence and gamification. He will then announce the sub-theme of the jam and offer some mentoring during the jam sessions.
Jesse Schell is an American video game designer, an acclaimed author, CEO of Schell Games and Distinguished Professor of the Practice of Entertainment Technology at Carnegie Mellon University's Entertainment Technology Center, a joint master's program between the College of Fine Arts and School of Computer Science. Jesse's previous roles include Creative Director of Walt Disney Imagineering. Jesse's DICE 2010 talk, "Beyond Facebook", was named a TED "Best of the Web" talk, and has had over a million views online.
- this free ticket is for students with student ID and Dare Indie Fest Conference ticket holder only.
- Jesse Schell's talk will start at 10am on 10 Aug followed by the jam
- jam session starts from 11am on and finish at 7pm on 10 Aug. It will start again on 11 Aug from 9am until 3:30pm.
- you can choose to just go to the talk or talk and jam
- Please bring your student ID as a prove of identity or your Dare Indie Fest Conference badege to Marryat Hall at Caird Hall Dundee before 9:45am on 10 Aug to register.
- The event is for aged 16+ only
For other programmes of Dare ProtoPlay, please visit http://www.dareprotoplay.com
When & Where
The University of Abertay Dundee launched the world’s first ever computer games degree in 1997. This postgraduate Masters course was followed by a complementary undergraduate course, and later by specialist courses in production management and game applications development.