Actions and Detail Panel
Data Collection and Carbon Calculations - Stirling
Tue 30 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
09:30 registration for a 10:00 start. Finishes at 16:00
This one day workshop will give you the opportunity to think in depth about how you collect the information you need in order to calculate the carbon emissions reductions achieved by your project. You should leave this workshop feeling confident about what information you need to report your project’s carbon reduction figure, as well as able to do the calculations. We’ll be demystifying words like ‘conversion factors’ and ‘modal shift’ as well as discussing some of the challenges faced in collecting information from project participants.
Delivered by Keep Scotland Beautiful as part of the Capacity Building Programme for the CCF.
Aims of the day
During the day we will:
- Explore how your project reduces carbon emissions and discuss how you will know this is happening.
- Discuss the barriers and opportunities to collecting primary data, and develop a plan to collect data for your project.
- Explore the methodology you need to use to calculate carbon emissions reductions
By the end of the day you will:
- Have identified what information you need to collect in order to calculate baseline and project emissions.
- Understand the methodology needed to come up with a carbon emissions reduction for your project.
- Understand the reporting requirements of the CCF.
Who’s this event for?
Anyone who is responsible for monitoring the carbon impact of your community-led project.