DATA PROTECTION COURSE
Introduction to Data Protection
The data you are responsible for may be used in court and needs to be stored and protected for it to remain valid. If your job involves the collection and use of personal data, then it is vital that you understand the implications of the law and how it can have an impact on your individual responsibilities, as well as throughout your organisation.
Every organisation in the UK who process or store personal data must comply with the Act. The Information Commissioner has the power to levy fines on organisations and individuals who fail to comply with the current regulatory framework. The regulator stresses training of staff is crucial and all who handle personal data need a basic knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
This full day training course helps delegates to understand the laws that apply
to the collection, storage and use of personal data in the workplace.
Who should attend?
This level 1 course is essential for anyone responsible for the handling of the personal data of living individuals and/or operates CCTV systems. This course helps delegates identify when they need to take the law into consideration.
Delegates will receive
- 7 Guided learning hours (GLH)
- Personal coaching from an expert trainer
- Manual and support materials
- Recognise the key features and context of the Data protection Act 1998.
- Understand the legal and practical aspects of document management policies
- Gain an overview of the audit trail and how to minimise risks
- Learn how to meet technology and compliance requirements
- Understand information security and maintain standards
- Raise employee awareness of legal admissibility and evidential weight
- The legal obligations faced under the act for employers and employees
- How to notify the Information Commissioner.
- The penalties for violating the Act
- Complying with the basic requirements of the Act