Actions and Detail Panel
David Bowie's Soho
Sun 2 April 2017, 14:00 – 15:00 BST
David Bowie is a legend, an icon, a mentor, an inspiration, an innovator, the Goblin King, a Starman, the Thin White Duke, a Space Oddity, the man who fell to earth, the man who sold the world...the man who changed the world.
His influence on not just music but fashion, film, art, pop culture, science fiction, the internet, celebrity and basically everything around us, cannot be measured. In 2014, the Victoria and Albert exhibition about David Bowie was sold out and was the most popular exhibition in its 162-year history.
Alison has decided to create a unique tour of Bowie's Soho... because like many British artists, he got his start on the backstreets of London's Soho. You will learn about and see:
- Where the picture for the Ziggy Stardust album cover was taken
- Where Bowie's first London gig took place
- The original location of the Marquee Club, where Bowie and many others have performed
- How a Bowie-themed club night changed London nightlife
- A stroll down Denmark Street, London's Tin Pan Alley and the cafe where Bowie met Bolan
- The studio where he recorded some of his most famous songs
There will be some facts and trivia about other musicians too, including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Who, Elton John, The Clash and the Sex Pistols, who are also an important part of Soho's music history.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?