Actions and Detail Panel
Day of Discovery (Knebworth): Digital Storytelling
Tue 18 April 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
The Discovery Education Community is here to connect teachers with their best resource - each other!
Join us at Knebworth House for a day of Digital Storytelling using Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) technology to connect with like-minded educators (teachers, senior leaders, NQTs and support staff) who are passionate about sharing great teaching and learning practices. There will be a strong focus on the effective use of digital media in the classroom to support literacy. We are pleased to be partnering with ActiveLens who will be demonstrating their VR and AR curriculum resources.
9.00-9.30: ARRIVAL AND COFFEE
09:30 -10:15: WELCOME AND KEYNOTE
10:15 – 11:15:
- QR Treasure hunt and immersive story writing – combine QR codes and a dinosaur trail to create powerful stories.
- Create your own digital storytelling experience using YAKiT.
11:15 – 11:30: COFFEE BREAK
11:30 – 12:30:
- Cost effective ways to use VR. Easy integrate Google Cardboard into the classroom to enhance writing.
- What is green screening? Make your own dinosaur documentary.
13:30 – 14:30:
- Design 3D models to be experienced in Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- Shadow Puppets app - Produce narrated digital slideshows.
14:30 – 14:45: TEA AND CAKE
14:45 – 15:30:
- Mystery Skype and closing session.