Amidst the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, D:BATE will host a live debating event on the following motion:
‘Great party but the Monarchy is expensive, unaccountable and irrelevant. Britain needs a democratic alternative’
Royalist or Republican, this promises to be a lively exchange of viewpoints and a stimulating evening. Confirmed speakers are as follows:
FOR the motion:
- Graham Smith; CEO of Republic
- Beatrix Campbell; Broadcaster, Author, Campaigner
- Councillor Sarah Bevan; BANES Liberal Democrat Councillor
AGAINST the motion:
- Jacques Arnold; Member of the Council of the Constitutional Monarchy Association, and former Member of Parliament.
- Peter Whittle; Broadcaster, Writer
- Ian Roberts, Vice Chairman British Monarchist League
This D:BATE event will be held at the Hilton Bath City Hotel. Doors open at 7pm for a prompt start at 7.30pm (event finishes at 9.30pm).