Actions and Detail Panel
Dealing with Customer Issues Effectively
Tue 25 October 2016, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
For companies who want their staff to learn how to deal effectively when they receive a request or complaint from a customer. Predominantly, this is for phone based issues but the same principles apply as face to face.
Is it for you?
People attending this course will learn how to ensure that customers get a good experience with your company. They will learn how to turn negatives into positives by using every contact with the customer as an opportunity to impress them. Customer service operatives and anyone who is on the frontline dealing with customers and their issues, should attend.
What to expect
By improving your customer service in your business, you will increase future sales by creating better outcomes. You will also reduce the very damaging negative feedback received from poor customer interactions.
This is a practical workshop when we will look at skills and processes for dealing with customers effectively.
The workshop is a good platform for sharing ideas of what activities have worked for the different businesses and equally important, what hasn’t been successful.
- We will look at the importance of taking responsibility and owning customer’s issues.
- As sometimes the customer’s life can be very different to the operatives, we will look at techniques based on putting ourselves in the customer’s shoes.
- We will look at your internal processes and the importance of working with these. We will also look at how to provide feedback so the company can continuously improve these processes to be more customer friendly.
- We will explore when and how to escalate customer issues.
- We will show you our process for dealing with complaints. We will help your operatives apologise effectively, but knowing how to manage the risk of admitting responsibility that could lead to excessive compensation.
- We will use case studies and put into practice the skills to help embed the learning.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to improve the outcomes for their customers, feel confident, and reduce the stresses of dealing with difficult people.
Customer service operatives will feel more confident after attending this course. They will feel empowered, with a greater understanding of how issues can impact a customer’s life. Because this course can help people diffuse distressed customers better, they can reduce the stress caused by dealing with irate customers.
Lianne is an engaging trainer, developing her workshops from her own experience of sales and customer service. Lianne believes that everyone can contribute and learn from each other’s experience, so always encourages people to get involved and debate during her training. Lianne is passionate about good customer service and has many examples of good and bad experiences.