DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
Dealing with Difficult People
Dealing with difficult people is one of the most demanding parts of people’s professional and sometimes personal life. The simplest interactions with these types of people, consumes a lot of time and energy and can leave people feeling tired and emotionally drained. Understanding the characteristics of difficult people, why they do what they do and the origin of their behaviour will enable delegates to deal with them more effectively.
“The course provides easy to follow formulas that can be remembered and used assertively in order to achieve the overall objective.”
Fortunately difficult people are well studied and psychologists have found a great deal on the origin of their behaviour and subsequently on how best to deal with them based on their inherent weaknesses. This course relies heavily on the latest psychological research and provides several concise easy-to-use formulas that delegates can use to deal with challenging situations promptly.
This 1 day course will introduce delegates to simple yet effective techniques
that can be used in dealing with different, challenging people or situations.
Who should attend?
This is a level 3 course targeted at those individuals who have direct experience of working with difficult people who wish to develop their skills further. This course will consider the psychology of difficult people and provide opportunities through workshops and guided role-playing to put the techniques into practice.
Delegates will receive
- 7 Guided learning hours (GLH)
- Personal coaching from an expert trainer
- Manual and support materials
- Guided role-playing
- Why people become difficult & aggressive
- Having right mental attitude
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour
- The power of positive communication
- Responding styles
- Resolution styles
- Body language
- Questioning techniques
- Reacting to confrontations
- Understand different styles of behaviour – aggressive, passive and assertive
- Develop interpersonal skills to deal with difficult people and situations
- Identify their own behavioural and communication style
- Understand and practise effective communication with others
- Understand the different types of difficult people and how to deal with them
- Be able and willing to give and receive honest feedback from others
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses
and onsite corporate training