Decom North Sea in partnership with Strategic Decom have created an interactive two day training course offering an introduction and overview of offshore oil and gas decommissioning. This course provides an excellent opportunity to increase your knowledge of this burgeoning sector, introducing the main aspects associated with all stages of offshore decommissioning, through sharing of experiences and lessons learned to facilitate timely and efficient planning and execution for this inevitable activity.
What will this course cover?
The course will provide participants an overview of all stages associated with offshore decommissioning - including the background, scope and challenges within the decommissioning sector.
• Overview • Cost • Legislation & Approvals • Safety Aspects • Stakeholder Engagements • Preparation & Operating Interface • Wells P&A Overview • Cleaning & Hook Down • Subsea & Pipelines • Removal & Lift • Onshore Dismantling • Ongoing Liability
Who is this course for?
The course has been designed with the following participants in mind:
- Operators - Managers (Operations, Engineering, Asset, Finance); Project Team Managers
- Contractors/Service Providers - Managing Projects; Engineering support
- Regulators - Managers; New entrants wishing to get overview of process and issues
- Banks/Finance Houses/Insurance - Oil & Gas Investment/Security Managers
Introducing Strategic Decom
The training courses will be facilitated by Strategic Decom, this provider is made up of 3 course leaders who have a vast wealth of knowledge with regards to the Decommissioning industry in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Bob Hemmings, who has 35 years’ experience, was project leader for Brent Spar and has sat on several decommissioning-related expert groups and acts as a consultant for Shell on global decommissioning strategies.
David Hoare, who spent more than 30 years with BP in the Upstream E&P business in a variety of roles including project manager for significant scopes of work on the decommissioning of the Miller and North West Hutton platforms. He also has been involved in a number of industry groups.
Chris Gray, who had a career of 40 years with Conoco and ConocoPhillips in a variety of roles and helped establish their decommissioning strategy. He continues to work on Oil & Gas UK decommissioning initiatives.
You can request an invoice using the Pay Offline option and select Send Invoice.
Please contact Jennifer Mann on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries.